10 Reasons To Strength Train
I want to encourage more women that weightlifting is one of the best workouts we can do. I think many women are apprehensive about it because of the many myths about weightlifting that they have heard their entire lives by family members or friends that simply didn’t have a strong understanding of the workouts themselves. This infographic explains 10 reasons to strength train. Here is a summary of those reasons:
- When you strength train you are doing isometric, isotonic and isokinetic exercises. These exercises help build strength which creates sleek, toned and sexy muscles.
- Strength training helps build a stronger core. A stronger core will improve posture.
- 60% of people who strength train sleep better.
- Strength training can lower bad cholesterol and blood pressure.
- More muscle means you burn more calories at rest.
- Strength training and exercise is a natural anti-depressant.
- Women can stop, prevent, and even reverse bone loss by strength training.
- By doing just two strength training workouts a week you can lower your body fat by 7%!
- Strength training can prevent diseases like diabetes because it raises glucose levels.
- Strength training helps you to have better coordination and balance.